Why become a member? ×

DHA VT1 Std hum

simwells

I bought this pedal quite a long time ago from here but have never really used it because of one major issue. When engaged it hums a lot as I haven't heard this comment from any other users I presume this is likely to be an issue with the power supply that the previous owner supplied it with rather than the pedal itself right?

Thanks

[quote name='simwells' post='1352672' date='Aug 26 2011, 04:15 PM']I bought this pedal quite a long time ago from here but have never really used it because of one major issue. When engaged it hums a lot as I haven't heard this comment from any other users I presume this is likely to be an issue with the power supply that the previous owner supplied it with rather than the pedal itself right?

Thanks[/quote]

what power supply are you using?

[quote name='simwells' post='1352978' date='Aug 26 2011, 08:20 PM']I was sent it with it but the details on it are the following;

Model No: MWD-1200800F

Output is 12V 800mA.

Chinese made and probably not up to the job?[/quote]

It will be badly regulated hence the hum.

This one 85-3113 from Rapid Electronics is recommended

[quote name='simwells' post='1353764' date='Aug 27 2011, 06:05 PM']Thanks will pick one up but just to confirm it's the 3113 that's the 15V model right?[/quote]

no, it's the 12V model - my mistake sorry, should be 85-3112 - [url="http://www.rapidonline.com/SearchResults.aspx?kw=85-3112"]http://www.rapidonline.com/SearchResults.aspx?kw=85-3112[/url]