Why become a member? ×

guitar guitar epsom

OliverBlackman

i was excited to try out the new shop in epsom. I know a basschatter works there and i dont think he was there when i was today. Firstly i had always been desperate to try a sadowsky, secondly i wasnt going to buy one today but they wouldnt have known.

I asked to try a UV70 4 string which for a start was marked up as an M5-24 and as a result had the wrong price on it, about £400 more than it should have been. The bass was ok but i was keen to try out another UV70 and a RV4 to get a better idea of the differences.

The guy helped get the basses and put me in a very nice booth with a decent TC stack. This UV70 was over £700 cheeper than the wrongly marked one even though it was exactly the same apart from the rosewood board and colour. The RV4 was not set up propperly. Silly low action and as a result buzzing on the upper frets making it difficult to play properly.

I told them of the mix up and the guy said he had no idea about the basses but would look into it.

Then i asked the simple question of what colours are the RV4's avaliable in? He had a 20 second look and replied saying he couldnt find a way to find out.

It could be a really good shop but when people might be spending near £2000 on a bass these issues need to be sorted. I think if i get a sadowsky it'd be better from here or the gallery. I did like the sadowsky's but i think i might look inot just installing the pickups and pre on my tokai.

Anyone else had much experience with Guitar Guitar?

[quote name='blackmn90' post='1349733' date='Aug 23 2011, 11:57 PM']i was excited to try out the new shop in epsom. I know a basschatter works there and i dont think he was there when i was today. Firstly i had always been desperate to try a sadowsky, secondly i wasnt going to buy one today but they wouldnt have known.

I asked to try a UV70 4 string which for a start was marked up as an M5-24 and as a result had the wrong price on it, about £400 more than it should have been. The bass was ok but i was keen to try out another UV70 and a RV4 to get a better idea of the differences.

The guy helped get the basses and put me in a very nice booth with a decent TC stack. This UV70 was over £700 cheeper than the wrongly marked one even though it was exactly the same apart from the rosewood board and colour. The RV4 was not set up propperly. Silly low action and as a result buzzing on the upper frets making it difficult to play properly.

I told them of the mix up and the guy said he had no idea about the basses but would look into it.

Then i asked the simple question of what colours are the RV4's avaliable in? He had a 20 second look and replied saying he couldnt find a way to find out.

It could be a really good shop but when people might be spending near £2000 on a bass these issues need to be sorted. I think if i get a sadowsky it'd be better from here or the gallery. I did like the sadowsky's but i think i might look inot just installing the pickups and pre on my tokai.

Anyone else had much experience with Guitar Guitar?[/quote]
Bought a gorgeous Breedlove acoustic guitar a month ago. The kid put it in wrongly at the till necessitating a call from the manager the following week to me asking what I had actually bought due to a stock count issue. My guitar was also priced wrongly leading me to believe they had discounted me better than in reality by £49.