Why become a member? ×

Minty fresh Cherry Red Epiphone EB-3 FT

Delberthot

I literally bought this a couple of weeks ago second hand to do one gig which I've done. I needed something that looked quite 60s and although the Thunderbird was out in the 60s it doesn't look 60s.

From the serial it looks like a 2009 Made in China model. To be honest I don't see any difference in contruction, finish or playability between the Korean ones and the Chinese ones. Its actually quite scary how good the Chinese are at making stuff.

Anyway specs are that it has a mahogany body with a mahogany set neck and rosewood fretboard

Controls are as per Rickenbacker with a separate volume and tone for each string and a 3 way pickup selector to choose between neck pickup only, neck and bridge and bridge only.

With the neck pickup soloed it does a mighty Animals “We’ve got to Get Out of This Place” sound. With bridge pickup only it sounds remarkably honky like a Jazz bass. With both pickups it sounds very nice. A good balance of deep, rich bass and nice, clear midrange.

Using a normal Levys suede strap it balances very well which surprised me when I had one of these before as i thought it would immedaitely try to head for the floor

Condition is nigh on perfect. If you hold the back of the body up to the light you can see some very faint scratches on the very top of the surface. other than that I can't see anything else. I could easily have said that it was new and no one would have been any the wiser.

It comes with a basic gig bag that's a bit of a squeeze to get the headstock in due to the big headstock and 2 a side full size tuners but it does fit, just.

open to trades as well - see below

Edited by Delberthot

I think I need to be a bit more specific here.

I'd be up for trades on stuff like effects, other basses (no fretless though) especially short scale (not an EB-0),a Thunderbird with bag, maybe a cab of some description (preferrably Trace)

Edited by Delberthot

Had a few more ideas for trades but I doubt someone will have exactly all or some of this to trade for this bass:

Headset vocal mic

Tech 21 VT Bass

Phaser pedal

Trace 2103H 2x10"

Bass Chorus or Chorus that works well with bass

I'll add more to the list when I can think of more stuff that i might need

Edited by Delberthot