Why become a member? ×

Two guitars for sale: Danelectro U256 and Schecter Corsair semi-hollow

Greetings!

Up for sale/trade are two of my babies. I love both of these guitars to bits but I am more of a bass player than guitarist these days and I don't see the point in having guitars sitting in my cupboard not being used when they could be out there being loved!

The first is a Schecter Corsair with bigsby. I bought this guitar new in September 2005. Its never been gigged (in my band I play bass) and has always lived in a smoke free, pet free enviroment.

It has two coil-tappable Duncan designed humbuckers (believe they are based on the '59 model), a Bigsby tremolo, and some lovely cream binding. It is currently set up for 11s and I am including a Hiscox hard case in the sale.

This is, as far as I can tell, the same guitar as the Porl Thompson signature guitar but with a different finish. Its in fantastic condition with the exception of a slight defect in the binding where the neck meets the body (there is a photo of this). I believe this to be purely cosmetic (its been there since I bought it and never got worse).

The pin-up girl on the body is a waterslide decal, so I believe this can be removed easily if required.

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck / 24.75"
BODY: Maple
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Ebony
FRETS: 22 Medium
INLAYS: Dots
PICKUPS: Duncan Designed HB-101
ELECTRONICS: 2-Vol/2-Tone (Tap)/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Roller TOM w/Bigsby B-70 vibrato
BINDING: Creme Multi-ply
TUNERS: Grover
HARDWARE: Chrome

More pictures are available [url="http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae269/uncle_psychosis/guitar/Schecter%20Corsair/"]here[/url]

[b]The cheapest I can find a new one of these in the UK is £850, and that is without a case. I am therefore looking for £500 for this, including Hiscox hard case.
[/b]

The second guitar is a Korean made Danelectro U2 56 reissue (from the 1990s, I believe). I bought this on eBay a while ago so whilst I am not entirely sure of its history it is in great condition and sounds fantastic. I genuinely believe that these guitars punch way above their price point. I actually bought this guitar after the guitarist in my band bought one (unfortunately he's a lefty so I can't sell him this!) and started gigging it in preference to his USA strat!

It comes in a really nice Aqua finish and has independent vol/tone controls for each of the two lipstick pickups. The only "issue" with it is some discolouration around the tape/binding next to the strap-pin on the bottom of the guitar. I think this has probably come off the previous owner's strap. It is entirely cosmetic and you cannot see it when playing the guitar. There is a photo of this, along with more pics, [url="http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/ae269/uncle_psychosis/guitar/Danelectro/"]here[/url].

I'll chuck a strap in with the sale as well as a (beaten up, but functional) Fender gigbag.

[b]I am asking £150 for the danelectro. [/b]

[b]In terms of trades I would only be interested in a Godin Fifth avenue (or similar), a giggable bass amp (head, not combo) a DHA DI-EQ, and a Pandora Mini/PX4D plus cash adjustment as necessary.
[/b]
[b]I would prefer to deal locally[/b]. I live in Glasgow but am regularly in both Edinburgh and Fife (Dalgety Bay). I will deliver within a reasonable distance of these places, for a small contribution towards my petrol costs!

If I receive no local interest then we can perhaps discuss a courier option at your cost, so please get in touch!

Questions and enquiries welcomed.

Edited by uncle psychosis

[quote name='KK Jale' post='1347700' date='Aug 22 2011, 01:38 AM']Fender 65R, one of the nice older ones, need to get it back off my brother and will check it over/send pics, I'll sort delivery.... for the Dano if you can drop it off at a friend's in Paisley?[/quote]

Sorry, I had a rethink and have decided I don't really need another guitar amp at the moment. Thanks for the offer though. :)