Why become a member? ×

Ebs bass iq vs ebs wah one

tonyclaret

Well folks should I or shouldn't I. I currently have the bass iq and think it's great, however I have had my head turned by the wah one. Does anyone have any experience with this pedal, the pros and cons etc. If you were to buy and had a choice which would you go for?
Cheers

Edited by tonyclaret

I've had both and hated the IQ. I've used a couple of other filter pedals since then and both were far superior imo - the EHX Q-tron being one of them, Meatwad being the other.

I've had an EBS Wah One for about 4 years and I still like it. Pros are that if you feed a bit of dirt into it it sounds awesome and funky, its quite tweakable and you can get quite dubby sounds out of it. It also doubles as a volume pedal.

Cons are that the early versions (which mine is) had a very dodgy switch. Mine went 3 times before EBS sent me the new switch they were using and I haven't had any problems since. The early versions are not true bypass but the buffer is pretty good and doesn't unduly suck tone.