Why become a member? ×

TC BH500 and cabs

throwoff

Hey guys,

Sorry not posted for such a long time, got a new job and things and bass been on a back burner.

I finally have the required funds for a new amp and have my heart set on a TC rig.

I tried the BH500 and BC212 which i absolutely adored and lucky for me guitar guitar are doing an offer where you get another cab free when you buy the head and cab combined.

This leaves me with one problem though, I can get either a BC210 or BC212 free with it and as I have not tried the 210 let alone them combined im not sure which route to take.

I like the 212 on its own for the fuller sound than you usually get from 10's but have to admit I do miss a little bit of that snappiness that a 10'' provides (I have always used 10''s)

Do I go for the 2 BC212 cabs and get effectively a 412 giving some nice depth or combo a 212 and 210 to give some snappiness to the sound?

If anyone has tried/owns any combo of TC cabs advice would be great!

I have got a BH500 with the tw BC 2x12s, it is a very powerful and great sounding amp with some excellent features, its not too heavy weighing in at 43lbs for each of the the cabs, very versatile with the presets and the built in compressor, tube tone and tuner are superb .
The only thing I did not like was the little rubber feet on the cabs, they make loading the cabs hard work as you cannot slide them into the car or on the floor, I took them off and fitted some Gallien Krueger cabinet corners instead and they make the handling 100% easier .

[url="http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/Product.asp?Prd=100%2D0088%2DA"]http://www.beyerdynamiconline.com/Product....=100%2D0088%2DA[/url]

Edited by GRAHAM SG1

[quote name='throwoff' post='1344353' date='Aug 18 2011, 01:38 PM']I like the 212 on its own for the fuller sound than you usually get from 10's but have to admit I do miss a little bit of that snappiness that a 10'' provides (I have always used 10''s)

Do I go for the 2 BC212 cabs and get effectively a 412 giving some nice depth or combo a 212 and 210 to give some snappiness to the sound?

If anyone has tried/owns any combo of TC cabs advice would be great![/quote]

The theory on here is that you shouldn`t mix drivers. Plus, if you have two of the same cab, you can rehearse with just the one, to make life easier, and only bring out the pair for gigs. You then don`t have a different sound for rehearsals/gigs. Plus, from recall, having had a TC amp (classic 450), they are so versatile I`m sure some snappiness can be dialled in on the 212 cabs. And the 212 does have a tweeter.

My preference there would probably be the 212s, as I don`t think a single 210 is enough, even in rehearsals.

I agree totally, two 2x12s has a much larger area of 452 "sq opposed to an area of 314 "sq for two 2x10s, in other words, four 212s are not much smaller than six 210s so you should crush listeners chest more effectly :) :)
Those BC212s do sound very good and are about the same weight as the 210 .