Why become a member? ×

BASSLITE Recone

B.Flat

[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Hello BCers,
Can anybody out there tell me if it is possible to obtain a recone kit for an EMINENCE BASSLITE CA2010 ?
Any help and advice on this will be greatly appreciated. I have trawled the net without success.
I assume I need a recone as my speaker has gone "fizzy". Why I do not know as I have two in a cab, which has [b]not[/b] been over-driven, one is OK , this one not. The cone is a plain silver aluminium one, I note that current models seem to be blue.
Anyway all remarks welcome ( except the rude variety!)[/font]

Look forward to any replies

B.Flat

Try giving Wembley Loudspeakers a shout. If they're available I'm sure they can get (and fit) them for you.

Before you do it might be worth your time checking over the speakers. Off the top of my head I can remember people here having problems which they assumed was a damaged cone, and which turned out to be something inside the cab touching the speaker, and someone who found a small screw that had attached itself to the magnet. Cheaper than a recone! :)

Have a read of this thread - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=118394&hl"]Here[/url]

Especially the second and third post down. It may hopefully save you a few quid. :)

If that fails I can recommend RMJ Speakers for [url="http://www.recones.com/"]RMJ[/url]