Why become a member? ×

Eden D210XLT

Merton

Hello!

There's an Eden D210XLT on ebay at the mo, looks to be a good 10yrs old. It's in my home town so I'm popping in tomorrow ot have a look, but just wondered if there's anyhting I should look out for on it, and if a £250 starting price is fair?

This is the one: [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eden-D210XLT-4-ohm-speaker-cab-/130562565642?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item1e6622a60a"]Eden D210XLT[/url]

(I've also posted in the ebay section, if Mods don't like it please remove one :) )

I always thought there were 2 types of voicing..SWR and Eden, in quality cabs of that era.
The XLT was Eden's Goliath type cab.
Heavier and maybe just shaded it...if you liked the voice
Like all old cabs, you need to know the Chassis are in good condition.
If you could get it for £250 or less..I think you'd could have a very good cab.

Did I mention they were HEAVY, though :)

I would agree that £250 starting price would be the max I'd pay.
i think they are great cabs in good condition and worth more, considering what else you might be up against for the money
...but achieving that price is another thing..which is why you are right to want to consider the resale vlaue.

It isn't that the cabs aren't wotrth £250..it is that you may have trouble gettting that price....if that makes sense.

I just picked up a D410T from Ebay looking in similar condition for £200...however I think this was pure bad luck on the seller's behalf (and great luck on mine :)).

The thing weighs a bloody ton but there are bigger 410s out there, and with my Eden WTX500 it sounds absolutely sublime. And it knocks the socks off the 2xGS112s I was using before.

So I think you've got a pretty good deal - what head will you be using with it?

Enjoy it and welcome to the Eden club! :)

i saw it on e bay a week ago ................ and nobody seemed to go for it .......................... for the £250 suggeted its a reasonable price but prob not higher ...................... but i too am a big fan of the eden gear .........................

good luck!!!!

[quote name='jhk' post='1344795' date='Aug 18 2011, 08:12 PM']i saw it on e bay a week ago ................ and nobody seemed to go for it .......................... for the £250 suggeted its a reasonable price but prob not higher ...................... but i too am a big fan of the eden gear .........................

good luck!!!![/quote]
Gotta say I've been tempted by your 2x12 as well John. Hmmm... :)

[quote name='cureswhatailsye' post='1344647' date='Aug 18 2011, 05:40 PM']I just picked up a D410T from Ebay looking in similar condition for £200...however I think this was pure bad luck on the seller's behalf (and great luck on mine :)).

The thing weighs a bloody ton but there are bigger 410s out there, and with my Eden WTX500 it sounds absolutely sublime. And it knocks the socks off the 2xGS112s I was using before.

So I think you've got a pretty good deal - what head will you be using with it?

Enjoy it and welcome to the Eden club! :)[/quote]

bargin`