Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

funkgod

SWR SUPER RED HEAD 350w combo
PDF Manual here....

[url="http://www.swrsound.com/support/manuals/pdfs/superredhead_om.PDF"]http://www.swrsound.com/support/manuals/pd...rredhead_om.PDF[/url]

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' post='1342578' date='Aug 16 2011, 10:40 PM']it is indeed well spotted. :)
just ammended the ad
thanks[/quote]
Welcome ...

By the way, these are "super" combos. Used one as my main gigging rig for the greater part of ten years. Hope you don't regret parting with it when it sells.

[quote name='funkgod' post='1342626' date='Aug 17 2011, 12:51 AM']No wont regret as its my spare one ...

i have been using red heads since the super 350 came out ...

im waffling now arnt i..... :)[/quote]
Sold an original Baby Blue some years ago, and an original Red Head more recently. Even though I've kept a Silverado, and picked up a Baby Baby Blue, find myself missing those original Baby Blue and Red Head combos. SWR from that time just sounded so much sweeter, to my ear.

Oh, and used my Red Head with a Triad enclosure. Focused low end, punchy mids, and detailed highs. Lovely!

Oh, and used my Red Head with a . Focused low end, punchy mids, and detailed highs. Lovely!
[/quote]

Noel i have just been looking at the Triad enclosure here
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=812"]http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=812[/url]

sounds perfect as an extension, as i dont think the workingman 2x10 goes well with the red head
( hence the speaker change) as the speakers are not powerfull enough, i dont think they are the same quality drivers as in the redhead. ( thoughts anyone ?)

Al try and check out the Triad, sounds the bizz.
do you still get that tightness at higher vols that the redhead gives ?

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' post='1343204' date='Aug 17 2011, 02:57 PM']sounds perfect as an extension, as i dont think the workingman 2x10 goes well with the red head
( hence the speaker change) as the speakers are not powerfull enough, i dont think they are the same quality drivers as in the redhead. ( thoughts anyone ?)[/quote]

I don't think they are, given that the workingman's cabinets are the cheaper end of the spectrum with the redhead being a bit more high quality.

[quote name='funkgod' post='1343204' date='Aug 17 2011, 01:57 PM'][J]ust been looking at the Triad enclosure ... [S]ounds perfect as an extension ... [D]o you still get that tightness at higher vols that the redhead gives ?[/quote]
Well, having experimented with a few other combinations, the Triad stood out to my ear. From what I can remember, the woofer/driver in that enclosure were manufactured by PAS California, and the tweeter by Fostex (unless the design of the tweeter is known as a "Fostex"). Each of the woofer/driver/tweeter was housed in individual compartments inside the enclosure (which probably helped with crosstalk). Just felt that enclosure outperformed the likes of the Goliath II and Eden 410 across the aural spectrum. As for the highs, those were still there. Guessing that is a characteristic of SWR designs, and the style of tweeter used, as well as the tuning of the crossover frequency point. With the Triad, you get the thick, punchy mids and razor sharp highs of the Red Head’s own driver/tweeter combination, but with extra, more focused, low end. Like I was saying: Lovely!

[quote name='funkgod' post='1345704' date='Aug 19 2011, 05:11 PM']I thought this would of lasted less than a day on here ![/quote]
Same here (plus or minus 24 hours), given that someone shelled out £850 for my "original" (but less powerful) Redhead.

[quote name='noelk27' post='1347089' date='Aug 21 2011, 12:42 PM']Same here (plus or minus 24 hours), given that someone shelled out £850 for my "original" (but less powerful) Redhead.[/quote]

Hi Noel £850 :) ...theres not that much in the whole world at the moment is there ?? :)

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='funkgod' post='1347494' date='Aug 21 2011, 07:45 PM']Hi Noel £850 :) ...theres not that much in the whole world at the moment is there ?? :)[/quote]
The year was 2009. The month was November. The "credit crunch" was a little over one year old. Maybe there was still some optimism and hope left in the world, as well as one guy who wanted a 19-year-old Red Head. Not sure if he was a banker or financier though, or if he misidentified what genus of "redhead" was on offer.