Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SWR Baby Blue Original Combo 2x8" + 1x5" (pics added)

markorbit

As the title says the much revered and hard to find 'studio reference' SWR Baby Blue 150w power amp / combo. Features the great Baby Blue preamp - with defeatable semi-parametric EQ and aural enhancer, speakers include 2 x8" drivers and 1x5" for the high end. This is the original version and sounds great. Ideal for small gigs or makes a quality home/studio practice amp. Excellent condition. £320 + £15 delivery or Doncaster collection.

COMBO NOW SOLD

[b]MORE PICS HERE[/b]
[url="http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx210/markorbit/SWR%20Baby%20Blue/"]SWR Baby Blue for sale[/url]

Edited by markorbit

[quote name='markorbit' post='1340019' date='Aug 14 2011, 08:54 PM']As the title says the much revered and hard to find 'studio reference' SWR Baby Blue 160w combo. Features the great Baby Blue preamp - with defeatable semi-parametric EQ and aural enhancer, speakers include 2 x8" drivers and 1x5" for the high end. This is the original version and sounds great. Ideal for small gigs or makes a quality home/studio practice amp. Excellent condition. £320 + £15 delivery or Doncaster collection. Pics to follow.[/quote]
pmd

Seem to recall the original Baby Blue running 120 watts through the 8 ohm rated internal speakers, although capable of running 150 watts at 4 ohms through an external speaker. The second version of the unit ran at 160 watts through its 4 ohm rated internal speakers. (The first version featured two sweet 8" Bag End speakers. The later version featured either Celestion or Eminence speakers.) Either way, lovely bit of kit these.

[quote name='noelk27' post='1340154' date='Aug 14 2011, 10:57 PM']Seem to recall the original Baby Blue running 120 watts through the 8 ohm rated internal speakers, although capable of running 150 watts at 4 ohms through an external speaker. The second version of the unit ran at 160 watts through its 4 ohm rated internal speakers. (The first version featured two sweet 8" Bag End speakers. The later version featured either Celestion or Eminence speakers.) Either way, lovely bit of kit these.[/quote]

I've just unboxed it to check as from memory I thought it was 160w before going to 200w. It says on the front 'Tube Preamp / '[b]150w[/b] Power Amp. This would tie in with the first versions you describe. I've never had the back off though I was under the impression that this was the Bag End version. Serial number is 121 0581 if it helps. I'll amend the first post. Thanks.

[quote name='markorbit' post='1340171' date='Aug 14 2011, 10:15 PM']I've just unboxed it to check as from memory I thought it was 160w before going to 200w. It says on the front 'Tube Preamp / '[b]150w[/b] Power Amp. This would tie in with the first versions you describe. I've never had the back off though I was under the impression that this was the Bag End version. Serial number is 121 0581 if it helps. I'll amend the first post. Thanks.[/quote]
Yea, that's the first version of the tube preamp/solid state power amp unit, and should have the two custom-designed Bag End 8" drivers and 5" cone tweeter in the enclosure. For people who know SWR gear of this period, the unit in this version of the Baby Blue combo is exactly the same as the Electric Blue head. I'm using a Baby Baby Blue at home these days, but your Baby Blue's a sweeter unit.