Why become a member? ×

Hello everybody

johnnyacoustic1

A hello to everyone

a note to introduce myself as a newbie bass player who up untill recently played lead, when I say played lead I mean got home from work waited till the wife and kids had all gone off to be plugged in the head phones and was about as happy as you can get playing on your tod. now it just so happens that Im partially deaf and this means Ive lost all the high frequency sounds like mobile phone rings car alarms bird song (the wife with a strop on) and just about every note above the 8th fret on the top e string
So why bother I hear you ask well its bloddy hard work I can tell you and forgive me but up untill a couple of weeks ago I always considered changing to bass as giving in and taking the easy option.

much humble pie to be gulped down now since having owned one I wish id swapped years ago I can hear the whole way up the neck.
I still struggle to learn songs by ear and considered asking if their was any software that could tab a audio file even if it put notes on the wrong string I could move it around once I had the correct notes (suggestions please)

So now that Ive arrived Ive decided to get out their and find some other bass players in and around Letchworth in Hertfordshire with a plan to one day soon unleash myself on the ears of the general public. bricking it ? to bloddy right but Ive not had such a grin on me chops since I got my first acoustic twenty odd years ago

John

Welcome to the forum John!
Get out there playing live, it's about the most fun you can have with your clothes on.
There are lots of people on here who will give you advice on how to join a band or get a new one together.
Plus advice on where might be good venues to 'launch' your career in your area.

Enjoy, and beware the GAS!

Thank you for your greets I look forward to chatting with you soon
Can anyone recommend an application or bit of kit tha would enable me to record a tune from YouTube or a record and play it back with a bit more control than I'm getting from the u tube site something that would roll back the last few notes accurately as I seem to do this a lot over and over when trying to tab a tune