Why become a member? ×

Something from my bands EP!

Veils

So I took a bit of a hiatus from playing bass. The singer from my previous band, Veils, used to be in a band called Last Chance To Dance. He decided to put it back together with the previous lineup which didn't include me. One of the guitarists moved away, so my best mate was drafted in on guitar which got my attention. They then played a battle of the bands competition and won through to the final which was a week later, at which point I recieved a call from the guys telling me that their current bassist couldn't do it because he was on holiday, so they wanted me to learn their set in a week having not played for 9 months...........I managed to do it and ended up joining full time!

If you aren't into metal, you won't like this. It's dischordant, angry and certainly not easy listening.......

Edited by Veils

[quote name='Doctor J' post='1345964' date='Aug 19 2011, 11:34 PM']Good stuff. Personally, I'd prefer a bit less of a triggered drum sound but that's definitely quality tunage.[/quote]

There isn't much point in using live drums if you end up having to compress them to the point where all the dynamics are lost anyway.

I've heard of last chance to dance. I think they were supported by plagues at one point. As for the songs, yeah it's your typical sort of technical metal/deathcore screamo sh*t really isn't it? It's ok for what it is really but not my sort of thing i don't think. Especially not the titles, how do people think of that stuff?

Edited by EdwardHimself

Well the idea behind using programmed drums is a cost thing as much as anything else. We could pay to go and record the drums live, but there isn't a whole lot to be gained from it for the sake of bashing out an EP, when we've done the rest of the CD ourselves at minimal expense anyway :)

As for the music being typical, I'd disagree, but then I would, wouldn't I? I'd say we've definitely got more of our own sound. Whether people like it or not is a totally different thing, but I'm not expecting we'll be to everyones taste!

[quote name='Veils' post='1347815' date='Aug 22 2011, 10:18 AM']As for the music being typical, I'd disagree, but then I would, wouldn't I? I'd say we've definitely got more of our own sound. Whether people like it or not is a totally different thing, but I'm not expecting we'll be to everyones taste![/quote]

No well don't get me wrong, i mean it's great if you like that sort of thing :)