Why become a member? ×

ALL SOLD - please remove post

GazWills

BoF - no, i was tempted by the idea of a clean blend but Matt at W&C convinced me not to bother, and it definitely doesn't need it - when you turn up the fuzz and drop the tonecontrol the lows on this pedal are huge.

If you're bristol/bath, you're welcome to pop over and try it out (i'm central Bristol)

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1323096776' post='1459192']
What's the PT999 like with bass? YouTube offers loads of guitar stuff, but no one playing a bass through one of these.
[/quote]

i think it sounds great with bass. it's been up for sale for a while, so i've started playing it again, and am very tempted to keep the thing.

it's the best phaser i've tried on bass. i've not tried them all, but used old ibanez phasers, mxr phase 45, phase 90, phase 100, mad prof phaser and an old boss PH-1. very much personal preference with phasers i thing. i like the PT999 as it's subtle, very much a phase 45 sound at lower speeds (though the maxon is a 4-stage pedal), and at high speeds it's closer to a univibe than a phase in my opinion (and is usable at high speeds, unlike the madness of a phase 90 at max!!)

it's my only phaser, and up for sale as i don't use phase in current (or past bands) - but as soon as i sell one i want another!!!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1323174505' post='1460056']
BoF - no, i was tempted by the idea of a clean blend but Matt at W&C convinced me not to bother, and it definitely doesn't need it - when you turn up the fuzz and drop the tonecontrol the lows on this pedal are huge.

If you're bristol/bath, you're welcome to pop over and try it out (i'm central Bristol)
[/quote]

Thanks Gaz. I may take you up on that