Why become a member? ×

WARMOTH JAZZ BASS *** WITHDRAWN***

Skezza

Hi

I am not a good enough player to be able to play 4 5 and 6 string basses and to swap from one to another at will.
I have spent the last few months working with my five string and am ready to use it at gigs.
I have there for decided that I will sell all my 4 string bases or swap for 5 stringers.

This is the the second I have for sale

It is the best jazz bass I have played and I have played a couple of custom shop models.

One piece swamp ash body in Antique white
One piece birdseye maple neck with EBONY board (you dont get them very often now)
Audere preamp 2 band 3 Z modes
Nordstrand pickups NJ4SEs
Baddass 2 bridge
Schaller BMs lightweight tuners

Its a whos who of the top bits I bought it from sisterabdullahx who had it made for him.
It would cost over £1300 just to buy the bits pay the taxes and import duty then you need a luthier to assemble it
The only reason for selling (or swapping) is that I have decided I cannot play 4 and 5 strings its one or the other for me. So I am only using 5 stringers.

I bought it for £475 which was a steal and will sell for the same I have no wish to make a profit. If I do not sell I will break it up and sell the bits on the bay where I will get at least what I paid but probably more (look at warmoth stuff on ebay)

The action is the lowest I have ever seen on a bass without any fret rattle it plays looks and sounds fantstic.

[b]There is a picture in my personal photo [/b]I will put up some others tomorrow

I am ideally after a sale on this one but may be tempted by a trade Ive always fancied a 5 string corvette $$ but anything else would be considered also I am particularly after a biggish amplifier (Eden IAmps SWR etc ) minimum 500 watts. Cash either way on a deal.

any questions dont hesitate to contact me

skez

Edited by Skezza

[quote name='Dodge' post='1333471' date='Aug 9 2011, 12:34 PM']Any chance of answering my question about the frets? :)[/quote]
They look normal size to me not massive fat one like on my charvel basses as for what metal not a scooby

skez

I have decided not to sell the warmoth.

It was always a difficult decision as it was the best bass I have ever owned and one of the best I have ever played.

A bassist I know has a custom shop fender 5 string and a musicman ray 5 string and the warmoth is at least as good as both of them.

I have been thinking about it ever since I put it up for sale and I have just played it for about two hours and decided I have to keep it.

Its not the money or a better deal I just want to keep it.

Aoplogies for messing you about and wasting your time but I love this guitar too much to see it go.

skez

[quote name='Skezza' post='1334204' date='Aug 9 2011, 09:15 PM']I have decided not to sell the warmoth.

It was always a difficult decision as it was the best bass I have ever owned and one of the best I have ever played.

A bassist I know has a custom shop fender 5 string and a musicman ray 5 string and the warmoth is at least as good as both of them.

I have been thinking about it ever since I put it up for sale and I have just played it for about two hours and decided I have to keep it.

Its not the money or a better deal I just want to keep it.

Aoplogies for messing you about and wasting your time but I love this guitar too much to see it go.

skez[/quote]

good