Why become a member? ×

Blackstar Distortion pedals??????

Axemanwayne31

Has anyone used a Blackstar pedal on bass at all or know of anyone who does?

I got the HT-Dual with its 2 channel design. In theory it should give me a tubey sound and some nice grit.
I just don't wanna hook it up and damage the pedal really.

Very curious to know if it would work nicely though :)

You won't damage it.

Just because 1 pedal says bass and another says Guitar doesn't mean you can use either for each other...........
Anyway.

I had a pedal chain consisting of Boss GEB7-Boss LMB-3-Big MuffPi-Boss BD-2-sansamp paradriver.
I used this for both guitar and bass, just changed the knobs to suit one or the other.

Usually on guitar dirt pedals you'll lose some bass response but this can be EQ'd back in or remedied completely by using pedals with an EQ section.

Hi

I've got a Blackstar Distortion pedal that a mate's currently borrowed. I can get it back over the weekend and try my bass through it and let you know. I agree with Prime_BASS that it won't damage it - whether it sounds any good is quite another matter...it's worth a try though.

I'll tell you Sunday eve whether we got thrown out of the pub on the back of trying it :)

Andy

I was looking at the boss overdrive bass pedals but my thinking is that the Blackstar may have a warmer sound to it. Seeing as it uses valves or a valve in the pedal it self and gets 300v to it, it should in theory sound nice.

I'm already running a Sansamp VT Bass pedal to get that SVT sound going. I gotta say, it does what it says on the tin.
I just want something to kick in to get a bit of dirt going in front of the VT bass to add another sound or dynamic.