Why become a member? ×

Palatino VE-500 EUB *** SOLD ***

I bought this a while back on the insistence of a singer-songwriter I was gigging with at the time. But the gigs with him all but dried up and it just hasn't really been played. I think I've used it about three times!

It's a nice enough instrument, but not earning its keep I'm afraid. Comes with useable gig bag for transport. [b]I'll accept £315 for this one[/b] - sorry, collection only (I'm in Wolverhampton). Stock photo below, I'll post pics of the actual instrument if there's any interest out there.

Edited by bassybill

Palatino blurb:

The Palatino VE-500 Electric Upright Bass is the answer to many a bass player's prayers. With sweet sound, great looks, and light, portable design, the VE-500 bass has a chambered body of select spruce. The slim, maple neck and curved ebony fingerboard emulate an acoustic upright bass. The Palatino VE-500 bass's adjustable maple bridge rests on the piezo transducer pickup, giving the VE-500 electric upright its large, booming tone.

Geared tuners with metal buttons offer easy, accurate tuning. The Palatino VE-500 bass's black-finished metal tailpiece is sturdy and practical. The lightweight endpin offers an infinite range of adjustment with a positive locking mechanism.

The Palatino VE-500 is an extremely versatile electric bass with active tone and volume controls and a headphone jack with preamp. Palatino includes a rugged combination leather/plastic carrying bag with backpack straps.

The low, effortless action appeals especially to fretted electric bass players making the transition to an upright bass. The Palatino VE-500 Elecric Upright Bass has big tone, much like an amplified acoustic bass. It's an electric upright bass that's sure to please professionals looking for a bass they can travel with.

Features
Solid spruce top
Maple back and sides
Ebony fingerboard
Piezo transducer pickup
Active tone and volume controls
Headphone jack
Adjustable maple bridge
Combination leather/plastic bag with backpack straps
Scale length: 40-3/4"

[quote name='ash' post='1334497' date='Aug 10 2011, 08:27 AM']If you'd consider posting - within uk - I'd be interested. Cheers[/quote]

Hmmm - I still have the box. I'll look into it, but it might be tricky.

Whereabouts in the NW are you? If it's, say, Manchester I could meet you halfway. On the other hand if it's Carlisle that would be a bit of a trek for the two of us!

[quote name='bassybill' post='1334554' date='Aug 10 2011, 09:13 AM']Hmmm - I still have the box. I'll look into it, but it might be tricky.

Whereabouts in the NW are you? If it's, say, Manchester I could meet you halfway. On the other hand if it's Carlisle that would be a bit of a trek for the two of us![/quote]

Sadly I'm the wrong end! Lancaster... have a look anyway and let me know cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='ghudsong' post='1360408' date='Sep 2 2011, 09:00 PM']Sorry, was i supposed to get a message? I omnly got an email to check bass chat and it said 'pmd' what's that?[/quote]

I don't know what you're referring to here, to be honest - some breakdown in communication, by the sound of it. I don't seem to have received any message from you at all, or sent you one. Very odd.

Anyway, the bass is now SOLD. Thanks to all for the interest.

Edited by bassybill