Why become a member? ×

Is this a Prosebass EUB?

basskit_case

Purchased this via eBay a couple of weeks ago, it is a mini upright bass mounted on a tripod. The guy selling it suggested it was a Prosebass, or at least the person he bought it off had suggested that to him!

I have owned a Prosebass in the past and this does look similar in style and finish.

With Paul being a regualar on this forum, just wondered if it had belonged to anybody on here, or even if it is actually a Prosebass?

Thanks

That was a 24"(?, could be smaller) fretless bass Paul (Prosebass) made out of left over odds and sods. The neck is from a guitar, not bass, that was chopped down and converted to fretless. The pickup is from a guitar too, telecaster perhaps. I owned this for a while, and it was a fun little thing to play, it just never got finished properly. I sold it on on eBay as it wasn't getting used, and I suggested that it could be mounted onto a stand to make a small and unique EUB hybrid instrument. Looks like the buyer did just that :)

Thanks for the update, nice to know that it originated from this forum.

Whilst I know it is not an EUB, it has got a great sound to it, more authentic than the ashbory and UBass basses in my humble opinion.

I bought a bass from Paul on here last year, he really puts together great quality sounding basses, I dont know how he does it for the price.

Thanks

Edited by basskit_case