Why become a member? ×

Original SWR Engineering W'Man 300

4 Strings

Years ago I had my precious Trace amp pinched. I think they thought it was a lap top, in its gig bag.

To replace it I thought I'd have a change, being a Trace man at the time, so I bought a s/h SWR Workingman's 300.

Well, it was ok, sounded ok, never really liked it. I once did 'Pinball Wizard' at a gig and tried to get the JE feedback during the intro guitar bit, it really howled but that was its only happy moment and a little while later it let twice me down at rehearsals costing me to get it fixed each time. A sad little amp, never satisfying. The case got used for something else and it was replaced by a Hartke and demoted to spare and has bounced around the car, floor, gigged by the lad etc.

I now find out that it's an SWR [u]ENGINEERING[/u] which is hand made in California, pre-Fender (I thought it was Fenders that were pre-anything) and has the Spirit of Wonderfulness about it as a desirable thing. So I bought a (s/h) case for it and look upon it with more respect.

My, how it sounds better now it's pre-something!

Edited by 4 Strings