Why become a member? ×

Squire pbass signed by Mark Hoppus

stevieb85

Hey folks, this is just a feeler out of interest.

A couple of years ago I won the bass through play.com so have the emails from them and the chap from Atticus uk who I was in contact this to prove I've not just signed it myself.

The bass is a Squire pbass in black with the signature of Mark+44 on the upper body.

It's something I would love to keep onto as in my opinion it's a good collectors piece in years to come but with a mortgage and wedding to pay for I'm interested to see if there would be an interest in it.

I'm not expecting £1000s or even £100s so let me know what you think it's worth?

[quote name='stevieb85' post='1321465' date='Jul 30 2011, 03:42 PM']Hey folks, this is just a feeler out of interest.

A couple of years ago I won the bass through play.com so have the emails from them and the chap from Atticus uk who I was in contact this to prove I've not just signed it myself.

The bass is a Squire pbass in black with the signature of Mark+44 on the upper body.

It's something I would love to keep onto as in my opinion it's a good collectors piece in years to come but with a mortgage and wedding to pay for I'm interested to see if there would be an interest in it.

I'm not expecting £1000s or even £100s so let me know what you think it's worth?[/quote]

I'm a f*cking big Mark Hoppus fan..so tell me what you do expect?
Would love you if you give it to me :)
(would offer you 100€+ whatever postage is) for now

[quote name='stevieb85' post='1321532' date='Jul 30 2011, 05:02 PM']I've put feelers on here many times before along with everyone else, I'm just trying to find out how much the basschatters think it's worth before putting it up for sale.[/quote]
Depending on the Squier...is it a VM, a CV, an Affinityy...etc.

If its signed or no is just interesting for fans and collectors =)
Andif its an Affinity..I still would offer you 100 buck+ postage and give you a big mental hug =D

Realistically? Put a price to the bass pre-signature, say £150 cause its a 2nd hand Squier, then you must appreciate that Mark Hoppus did not own nor played that bass, it remains in fact Joe Public's bass, and if you are lucky you can add £50 to the value of it, provided that you have means to prove the genuinity of the signature maybe by obtaining an email from Mark Hoppus via his agent that he did sign it and that would be your best bet.

Put it this way, music shows where big name artists sign albums and memorabilia are aplenty and all over the world, a signature by someone famous on an item you own doesn't make it big in Sotheby's. My son has had a cheap Ibanez guitar signed by Steve Vai, the guitar is still worth £170 not more.

Good luck

There is a simple answer... You must know your bottom line price.. that's the price at which you think to yourself... "Bollocks, I'll keep it rather than sell it for that"... And the top price is the new price of the instrument plus a premium for the signature. Let's say you hope to get an extra £50 due to the signature..

Simply put it up for sale here at the new price plus £50 but make sure you say you will accept a close offer. That way you stand a chance of getting a good price. If there's no interest at all it's obvious that you've overpriced it, so you can easily repost it at a lower price saying you were over-optimistic the first time around.

That way you stay within the site rules and still maximise your chances of getting a good offer.