Why become a member? ×

Snark tuners. Anyone using them?

dave_bass5

Although i use and love my Peterson Stroboclip it feels like its not robust enough for a lot of gigging, especially as i normally throw it in my ruck sack or gig bag. I think im going to just use it at home from now on so im looking for something cheap but accurate that i can leave in my amp bag.

The Snarks look pretty good for the money. Im leaning towards the Black one (SN-5) as i dont want or need anything other than to be able to tune my bass to standard pitch at gigs. I only ever nee dot do this once at the most so i think the Snark's are ideal.

[url="http://www.snarktuners.com/sn5.html"]Snark SN-5[/url]

I have seen one in action and the display is very bright and colourful, much nicer than the really cheap clip ons you can get that just have a plain LCD display.

Im not asking for any other tuner recommendations here, just for any experience with a Snark.

Cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

Cheers. I think ill order one in time for the weekend.

Its normally only my G string thats out when i get the bass out of the gig bag at gigs so for that i think this will be a good choice.

My peterson is very accurate and great for doing setups etc but for gigs all i need is a basic, but highly visible tuner.

Edited by dave_bass5

I went ahead and ordered one from Amazon. Its just arrived and im very impressed with its looks and feel. The display is nice and colourful and very bright. It also feels a bit more robust than my Peterson.
The one minor downside is it doesn't seem to fold down as much as my Peterson but thats really not an issue.

Edited by dave_bass5