Why become a member? ×

morning all from sunny wigan

peety

Morning all

Have been a member for a while now and have bought and sold a few items so thought maybe its about time i introduced myself.

Started playing bass or should i say messing around on one when my unspectacular rugby career came to a halt due to old age and a dodgy back, was badly self taught until about 6 months ago when i decided to get some lessons and my bass tutor pointed me in the direction of basschat and introduced the world of gas to me and my bank balance has sufered badly ever since

currently play in a covers band " Imposter" ( because we are definitely not the real deal ) "

At the moment my gear consists of

Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub

Musicman stingray 3eq ( bought from old horse murphy )

Ampeg svt 3( bought from Thunderthumbs )

Warwik 611 pro( bought from Tonyf )

Ashdown mag 410

and on friday am picking up 2 warwick neos bought from ste in fact as you can see most of my current gear is a result of dealings on here, have found everyone i have dealt with really great and extremely helpful, and i have got some really useful info out of the forum about all things bass, long may it continue.

anyway thats enough inane babble for the time being

cheers steve

Edited by peety

I have to admit to my shame that having gone to grammar school i played the southern softie version ( no offence meant) though i did play proper rugby for the civil service.

The facilities in union were better ie there was a clubhouse and a bar and we got to travel round the country on nice coaches getting very drunk, and occaisionally you found brown envelopes in your boots.

Have to admit to being a better rugby player than bassist ! although that's not saying much.

When younger used to think it wa the ultimate buzz now wish i'd discovered the bass sooner maybe would have kept me out of trouble and the divorce court eh.

Edited by peety