Why become a member? ×

My "new" Jaydee

TheGreek

I've just got my Jaydee back from John Diggins after having a second p/up installed - couldn't be any happier!! I've spent thousands on equipment in the past few years - the £115 this cost is by far the best money I've spent...it's like having a new bass!!

The second p/up has added a ton of warmth..the quality of work is exceptional..you really wouldn't know that any work had been done.

The Jaydee had been in it's case for a year prior to having the upgrade..I'd forgotten how well balanced it is..I've now had to relegate my Wal to it's case..

Full marks to John for this - I really can't recommend his work more highly..

Anybody beat this for a deal??

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1311542' date='Jul 21 2011, 02:06 PM']Glad you're enjoying the new bass, but don't let the Wal languish![/quote]

Sometimes when you get a "new toy" the old ones have to take backstage for a while.

TBH I've only had the Wal a few months, I'd GAS'ed for one for years - unfortunately I'm not getting on with the relatively fat neck - and it just hasn't lived up to my expectations.

I'm used to a super slim neck after playing my fretted Veillette Citron for so long - if the neck on my Wal was anything like the VC I'd be in heaven..the neck on the Jaydee is much closer and the new warmer sounds are making it so addictive...I really can't fault it since the upgrade..

You wouldn't think that having so many nice basses could be a problem!! :lol: :) :)