Why become a member? ×

Ashdown EB 12 180

radansey

That's a good price assuming it's not totally knackered. I had one and with a 210 extension cab it was capable of smallish gigs no problem. On it's own it might struggle - but if you just want a practice amp or you don't play in a loud band it's perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Went to see the Ashdown - 30 minutes and £100 lighter and she is mine (are amps female too, like basses and cars!!).

In very good nick (just a litle dusty) and it came with a pukka Ashown cover. It does have casters fitted but I may remove these to get better coupling with the floor.

The VU meter does not seem to work, but I have seen that this is a common issue so not going to lose too much sleep over this. I'm trying to get hold of the schematic, but Ashdown are a bit slow in responding. Judging from other posts on the matter, it is probably a knackered meter movement so at the moment I am using my ears to detect if the input is overdriven until I resolve the 'problem'.

Gigged it on Sunday - very punchy, good tone (but a little different from my usual rig) - still need to play more to tweak the tone, but generally the dog's wotsits.

Bargain!!

Ross