Why become a member? ×

Wesley Jazz bass

paul_5

I had one...it looked great until I spotted the woodgrain finished about 2mm from the edge of the pick-up routes. Closer inspection revealed the wood grain was screen printed on lol

[attachment=84972:screenprint.jpg]

Edited by bassman2790

Advice: go to a shop and try before they buy!!!!!!!!

The first bass is probably one of the most important basses(if not THE most) in a bassists career. It'll either inspire him to keep learning and playing or hate the thing and never pick it up and progress.

I can't fault majority of squiers basses, and anything above the sandard range tends to be a quality product for te money. As long as they are willing to gets setup, learn how to setup, and learn when to change strings once they are dead, they should have a long and adventurous bass life.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1306909' date='Jul 17 2011, 06:37 PM']Hi All, my brother in law is looking to buy his first bass guitar. He's got his eye on a Wesley Jazz bass - anyone heard of them or had any experience of them?

Cheers, Paul[/quote]

I had a Wesley Monarch. It was very nice and sounded great.

But it looks like different instruments may come from different factories and then branded... so judge each model of instrument separately. In other words, listen to those who onw a Wesley Jazz.

My feeling, from my bass and other guitars I've seen, is that it's *probably* ok...

How much money is he willing to spend? If he wants a Jazz, I'd probably look at Squier first, alongside Vintage and Westfield. Or maybe Shine.