Why become a member? ×

now then...

mewsie

[quote name='mewsie' post='152090' date='Mar 5 2008, 10:59 PM']one day i will be so rich i shall throw lots of money in the air like in the movies... light candles with £50 notes, and have a table surrounded by 6-8 mac pros with cushions on instead of regular chairs like the poor folk.

x[/quote]

Ah another Mac using "creative" :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='158580' date='Mar 16 2008, 08:41 PM']Hey Mewsie, welcome to the forums from a reasonably close neighbour (just the other side of the Humber Bridge.) After all the talk of tea, cake, biscuits & VAT this may sound anally retentive, but what bass gear do you have? :)[/quote]

*waves*

I have a MM Sterling and a rather fetching Ampeg B-100R which I just succumbed to buying cause it sounds brilliant, but, the fact that it looked gorgeous played a big part in the decision. I am shallow, I admit it. Well, something like that needs to fit in with the decor, right? Right?

I also have a Legacy acoustic which was an unexpected deposit towards an artwork commission (which I still need to finish), and my Vintage bass which might not be fancy but was my first bass and I still love it.

Also have various guitars and small amps etc dotted about the place. And some bongos. They have red stripes on.

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='159525' date='Mar 18 2008, 12:40 PM']I am shallow, I admit it. Well, something like that needs to fit in with the decor, right? Right?[/quote]

I understand. I have Mark Bass head with a yellow and black colour combo, which matches my Epifani cab with a yellow and black colour combo, which matches my Warwick Rockbag with a yellow and black colour combo, and also matches my rucksack in which I carry my stuff... in a yellow and black combo. Though I swear only the first two were intentional. :)

Incidentally my favourite colour is green. A green amp would be cool.

Edited by s_u_y_*

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='159548' date='Mar 18 2008, 01:02 PM']*counts the number of times on 1 finger that my mac hasn't worked properly*
*counts the number of dints in my forehead from banging my head on my desk when my work pc has been on its arse*[/quote]

yeah yeah betamax

:)

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='159530' date='Mar 18 2008, 12:46 PM']I understand. I have Mark Bass head with a yellow and black colour combo, which matches my Epifani cab with a yellow and black colour combo, which matches my Warwick Rockbag with a yellow and black colour combo, and also matches my rucksack in which I carry my stuff... in a yellow and black combo. Though I swear only the first two were intentional. :)[/quote]

maaaan, that stuff would look SO good next to my car.

x

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='metalmaniac' post='166686' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:53 PM']WHy cant you take a mac on a picnic? It is an apple after all.

Ill get my coat...

PS welcome[/quote]

*groans*

thanks for the welcome!

OG, was great to meet you too! not exactly sure where i'm going to keep all the mags. they are still in the car at the moment!

re: GAS, like the bout of it yesterday in the bass gallery wasn't bad enough!?
i... [i]could[/i] pay my ex back that money i owe him... but i could just... i mean, he'd hardly notice it's missing...

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='167810' date='Apr 1 2008, 05:00 PM']which reminds me... apparently you had a bottle of fentimans. where was my look in? ;)

x[/quote]

Eats my cake and wants my Ginger beer too!

Next time :)
I get so much stick for not drinking that I tend to keep it as low profile as possible :huh: Poptart nearly keeled over when i asked or a coffee when he offered me a drink ;)