Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SOLD: Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub customised PJ Bass: SOLD

I got this a while back in a trade and have finally got round to having it rewired and set up. It's a 2006 Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub that has been stripped and professionally refinished in natural by Martin Sims of Sims Custom. At the same time, a matching Lindy Fralin Jazz pickup was installed at the bridge at it was originally wired V/V/T.

I have recently had it wired with 2 Concentric pots for each pickup to increase the versatility and decided at the same time to have a 3 way switch installed (neck pickup selector, both pickups and bridge pickup selector) to give yet more variations in sounds. I very rarely use a P and J pickup together at the same time and wanted a way to easily change between the 2 without having to fiddle about with knobs :) so I asked Trevor of Ripley guitars to fit a switch for me. He's done a superb job.

The finish an condition of the bass is superb and it has also been fitted with a custom made Jeannies Pickguard in cream pearloid. It's also strung with a set of La Bella Deep Talkin flats and plays superbly. It weighs approx 8lbs 10.

Now sold

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

Looks like a great gigging bass Nick. I have a bass with PJ config with a flick switch like this and it works brilliantly. I use the P only for some songs and both pickups for others. It also has the twin volume controls for balancing levels but doesn't have individual tone per pickup.

If this had a narrower nut I'd be seriously tempted as a backup to my number 1 :)

[quote name='molan' post='1297764' date='Jul 8 2011, 10:42 PM']Looks like a great gigging bass Nick. I have a bass with PJ config with a flick switch like this and it works brilliantly. I use the P only for some songs and both pickups for others. It also has the twin volume controls for balancing levels but doesn't have individual tone per pickup.

If this had a narrower nut I'd be seriously tempted as a backup to my number 1 :)[/quote]

Thanks Barrie. I have to say that this is the only PJ ive played where the output from both pickups is virtually identical in volume. It makes it a lot easier rather than having to worry about changing volume etc when switching pickups!

The neck feels like a cross between a P and J to me, so very comfortable.

I owe you enough favours as it is so youre more than welcome to try it out

How's the injury by the way?

Bump by the way :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1298548' date='Jul 9 2011, 07:47 PM']Thanks Barrie. I have to say that this is the only PJ ive played where the output from both pickups is virtually identical in volume. It makes it a lot easier rather than having to worry about changing volume etc when switching pickups!

The neck feels like a cross between a P and J to me, so very comfortable.

I owe you enough favours as it is so youre more than welcome to try it out

How's the injury by the way?

Bump by the way :)[/quote]

I'm away in Nice on hold at the moment so not around to do try out :lol:

Dead skin nearly all off the dodgy finger but nerve endings damaged so not much feeling in it unfortunately. Doc says it may come back, but then again maybe it won't :D

Because the skin is all new it feels a bit odd, will take a while before I can play properly but should be able to bumble through stuff when I get home :)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='1306064' date='Jul 16 2011, 06:19 PM']Bump for new trade offers and lower price. If it doesn't sell at this price i'll keep it :)[/quote]
hi i have a daryl jones with a john east onboard, and was looking for another lakland superb basses, i wasnt to sure if you had changed the price could you please confirm. if you want to contact me you can on [email protected]

many thanks