Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Bass Buddy

brick

Hiya im just needing a bit of advice on using this live and was wondering if anyone could help. Wanting to use the Bass Buddy to send a DI signal to the mixing desk but i need to find a way to send a signal to my amp also. The problem is with the 2 jack outputs, the 1st is a line/tuner out and the 2nd is 10watt 8ohm speaker out, pretty sure that its not a good idea to be taking a signal from either of these outputs.

[quote name='brick' post='1297068' date='Jul 8 2011, 12:38 PM']Hiya im just needing a bit of advice on using this live and was wondering if anyone could help. Wanting to use the Bass Buddy to send a DI signal to the mixing desk but i need to find a way to send a signal to my amp also. The problem is with the 2 jack outputs, the 1st is a line/tuner out and the 2nd is 10watt 8ohm speaker out, pretty sure that its not a good idea to be taking a signal from either of these outputs.[/quote]
The line/tuner out ought to be fine.

cheers guys used the line out at both gigs this weekend and worked great, i had tried using the line out in the house before i posted but the signal was peaking the amp even with the gain on the amp nearly at 0 but figured out this was happening because i didnt realise that the master vol on the pre amp affected the output level of the line out and had been up fairly high

Edited by brick

[quote name='brick' post='1299227' date='Jul 10 2011, 08:00 PM']cheers guys used the line out at both gigs this weekend and worked great, i had tried using the line out in the house before i posted but the signal was peaking the amp even with the gain on the amp nearly at 0 but figured out this was happening because i didnt realise that the master vol on the pre amp affected the output level of the line out and had been up fairly high[/quote]
Ah yes, forgot to mention adjusting the output level.