Why become a member? ×

blending wet and dry mix with bass

Hey folks,

I'm a new poster here, but I'm a regular reader. Just started playing bass in a band this year (picked up a westone thunder 1A as my first bass), after many years of drums and guitar.

I'm using an old Black Russian Big Muff as a bass effect and I really like the sound but I want to blend it in with dry signal, like a parallel FX loop on an amp. Is there any pedal that does this function?

cheers.

Edited by 1970

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1296466' date='Jul 7 2011, 09:13 PM']Yeah, lots. One of the cheapest ways to do it is with a Boss LS-2. The LS-2 is pretty flexible, you might find other uses for it too.[/quote]

Yeah I was thinking this might work, and am borrowing one off a friend this week. I tried to use the LS-1 for a different use and found that it bled like hell, shouldn't be a problem in this case though.

[quote name='Danimal' post='1297591' date='Jul 8 2011, 08:02 PM']Try the One Control Mosquite Blender: [url="http://www.ninevolt-japan.com/"]http://www.ninevolt-japan.com/[/url][/quote]

thanks, will check it out.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1296466' date='Jul 7 2011, 09:13 PM']Yeah, lots. One of the cheapest ways to do it is with a Boss LS-2. The LS-2 is pretty flexible, you might find other uses for it too.[/quote]

+1

I use one of this for this purpose, but can have several other uses.

I use it in my pedalboard with an envelope filter and a BassBalls pedal, so I can mix those two with the dry bass, and control the overall level too.