Why become a member? ×

Fender Standard Precision

Solaris

Hi, just hoping somebody could help me out here.. .I've been looking round for a Fender standard Precision Bass and so far cheapest online seems to be at £319 with varying degrees of stock level and postage. (I would go with thomann since I've only heard good things, but unfortunately they're more expensive :huh: )

Anyone know of any good websites, preferably they might have ordered from before? I'm hoping to grab one in black or midnight wine (still deciding!) and hopefully quickish as a self-birthday present. ;)

Thanks for your time in advance!

Solaris :)

Mexican basses can be very hit and miss - I've seen some absolute shockers make it past QC. The Thomann no quibble refund may be invaluable this respect. Alternatively, go second hand - you get to check it out first and you get plenty more bang for your buck. £315 would get you a very nice mooded Mexican precision, Japanese or maybe even a Highway 1- all of which would be far superior to a stock Mexican example.

I believe there are several up for sale at the moment.

You could also look at basses for sale on USA sites, like talkbass.com. There are several guys on that forum who have sold several basses and have good feedback there. Just figure out the shipped price and add 22% to that for the various payable duties. You might end up with something very nice within budget.

Hamster