Why become a member? ×

Preamp Advice?

MarkNS4

hey there everyone

im replacing the mighty mite preamp in my bass but the pickups i have a re active barts

i have no idea what preamps work with active pups as all the good ones i know of like aguilar,nordstrand and audere work with only passive pups... or at least thats what im sure of

thanks in advance for your help

[quote name='MarkNS4' post='1294142' date='Jul 5 2011, 11:22 PM']hey there everyone

im replacing the mighty mite preamp in my bass but the pickups i have a re active barts

i have no idea what preamps work with active pups as all the good ones i know of like aguilar,nordstrand and audere work with only passive pups... or at least thats what im sure of

thanks in advance for your help[/quote]

EMG preamps are all for active pickups I believe.

Also, as most people slag off the Spector Tonepump preamp and replace them, you should be able to pick up one on here somewhere fairly cheaply. Thing is, they're great. I have a Spector 6 string with the Tonepump in it and it's awsome.

Edited by leschirons

• 4 months later...

The EMG stuff is for active only, the pots are not really rated to make passive pickups sound good. In fact, they say it's for EMG pickups only.

Bartolini make some fine preamps, I've got a couple of basses with them in and they're rather nice indeed, I'd have no second thoughts about recommending them. Send them a mail, they should probably be able to recommend something which will really suit your pickups well.