Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Presto Light nylon tapewound strings

I bought these from Thomann as backups for the strings on my Zeller DB [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/presto_nylonwound_2.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/presto_nylonwound_2.htm[/url] As the bass is now up for sale, I am also selling these strings. They are completely new and unused in their packets still.

These are gut-alike nylon tapewound strings but with a metal core so they can be used with both mag and piezo pickups. NB, despite being described as 'light' I would put them at medium tension.

Cost me £101 a couple of weeks ago. £80 posted sounds more than fair to me?

Edited by Clarky

Bump. As I have swapped over the strings on my DB back to Silver Slaps, I will throw in the used Presto strings (in good condition) with these brand new ones for free - so that's a new set of Presto lights and a lightly used set for £80.

• 2 months later...

Yup, I like them. Strung both basses with them when I got them, although I had a set on a Bassix EUB before, so I knew whet they could do.
I moved one bass on strung with a set and the new owner was very happy too.
I was most surprised though at how much volume they produce on my remaining old knackered ply.
Recorded with it last week with a line from the piezo and an ambient mic at some distance. The engineer didn't use the piezo in the end.
I've had 4 sets, all consistent volume and playability.
I'm no expert though and don't do the arco thing, so you're only getting my clumsy opinion. I used to use innovation honeys, which were nice, but these seem to give me "more"......but then more of me probably isn't a good thing..:-{

John