Why become a member? ×

Vibrating amp

beerdragon

I have bought a couple of Hartke cabinets to go with my HA3500. at the moment i have my amp on top of the top cab. During practise tonight i noticed just in time that the amp was about to slide off! i dont really want get a rack at the moment and i thought the weight of the amp was enough to stop any movement. obviously i was wrong. our drummer suggested blu tack but i think it would look unsightly when i take the amp off. i might try duct tape at the back of the cab onto the top of the amp. anyone else had this problem.

I used heavy duty sticky backed velcro when I used my old vinyl covered Trace cabs, some on the cab, some on the amp's feet. Worked a treat.

If your amps feet won't take velcro you could still stick one side of the velcro onto your cab in four pieces in a diamond pattern but with a hole in the middle for the foot to sit in, kinda like this ('scuse the rubbish picture):

I'd doubt the amp would be able to ride "up" over the velcro, even a mm or two should be enough. Unless you're into serious earthquaking dub-bass :brow:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='149378' date='Mar 1 2008, 11:09 AM']A small rubber car mat. The type you might put in the rear footwell of a car, it should be about the right size, it'll be rectangular to fit most cab tops and pretty cheap from a car autoparts shop (not a BMW dealership etc).[/quote]

Thats not a bad idea. i'll try that first, ta. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='149378' date='Mar 1 2008, 11:09 AM']A small rubber car mat. The type you might put in the rear footwell of a car, it should be about the right size, it'll be rectangular to fit most cab tops and pretty cheap from a car autoparts shop (not a BMW dealership etc).[/quote]

Thats not a bad idea. i'll try that first, ta. :) i used duct tape last night it worked ok but i think the places we plat at are going to be moaning about the balls of tape i've forgotten to take home. :huh: