Why become a member? ×

Combined music and microphone stand

Has anyone ever come across a combination sheet-music and microphone stand, or a microphone boom attachment that would work with a music stand, or any other space-saving, stage-friendly solution?

I've done a bit of homework. I found an attachable music-stand that can be added to a music stand, but it's much smaller than a normal music stand and a folder is too big to fit. I've found that there are some clip-on mic booms but online descriptions do not indicate how big a pole they will attach to (my music stand, at least, has a wider pole than most microphone stands.)

There has to be an existing solution, surely?

Any thoughts appreciated. Your random thought might spark an idea for a solution!

- martin

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1289954' date='Jul 2 2011, 11:31 AM']Dunno if this one's any better than what you've found:
[url="http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=156&sName=MS-303"]http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=products...mp;sName=MS-303[/url][/quote]

Our singer's got one of those. Not big enough for my thick folder, but she seems more than happy with it.

One of our guys has got a mic attachment that clips onto a standard music stand. Trouble is, it's only one of those lightweight music stands and the mic makes it quite top-heavy so it sways about a lot and looks in continual danger of falling over. Frankly, the arrangement is more trouble than it's worth and I think he'd be better off with a decent music stand and a boom mic, but there's no telling him.

So, check very carefully for stability.

[quote name='martindupras' post='1290223' date='Jul 2 2011, 04:15 PM']Thanks guys.

My small attachable music stand is that same as the one in the link. It's way too small for a folder.

The mic attachment doesn't sound too great. There must be a solution. I'll keep digging.

- martin[/quote]

Go for a mic stand with a boom then - it'll solve all your problems and you'll have a lot more choice.