Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ACG Gallas 4

Jamesemt

I traded my Dingwall for this fairly recently, and whilst it is a joy to play, I just can't get on with the EQ.

Immaculate with Ebony top, LEDs and decent hard case. Is a wood lovers delight - just as good to look at as to play with all the different types of wood. This bass cost £1760 - the quality is obvious from when you open the case. Asymmetric neck which is very comfortable - feels a bit better than my Sadowsky neck wise.

Now for sale only as I'm going to take a break from playing. Want £1150, it's unmarked.

Pics here:

[url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/235/"]http://www.acguitars.co.uk/Gallery/235/[/url]

Live in East Yorkshire but happy to meet.

Edited by Jamesemt

[quote name='Jamesemt' post='1288889' date='Jul 1 2011, 12:22 PM']I traded my Dingwall for this fairly recently, and whilst it is a joy to play, I just can't get on with the EQ.[/quote]
Not wishing to derail things immediately, but... have you considered trying another preamp in it? I'll admit the filter preamp isn't everyone's cup of tea. Dave Perry (for one) has standard John East preamps in his ACG builds for that very reason.

Either way, bump for a beauty! :)

Ay caramba!! That is one stunning looking bass! I have a narrow width nut bass for sale, sadly I'd not be able to afford the £1200 cash adjustment :)

I second the East (or other) pre-amp suggestion. The pre-amp can really make or break an active bass...there's some great ones out there if the stock pre-amp doesn't cut the mustard.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='chuck_stones' post='1296930' date='Jul 8 2011, 10:50 AM']Ay caramba!! That is one stunning looking bass! I have a narrow width nut bass for sale, sadly I'd not be able to afford the £1200 cash adjustment :)

I second the East (or other) pre-amp suggestion. The pre-amp can really make or break an active bass...there's some great ones out there if the stock pre-amp doesn't cut the mustard.[/quote]

If you do some research both here and on Talkbass you'll find that the ACG filter pre amp certainly 'cuts the mustard'.

It's a very different approach to tone control, creating it more than just shaping it in my opinion and not everyone is prepared to learn to use it and yes, I'll admit it doesn't suit all. But it's not a below par pre amp, don't assume that.

Bump for a great looking bass.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...