Why become a member? ×

Vintage Acoustic Bass VCB430N

Pow_22

This has been sitting under my bed for ages untouched so as part of the clearout this needs to go. Im awaiting the mrs to get some pics on her digi cam but this is a webshot of one...

[url="http://www.axemusic.co.uk/products/Vintage_Electro-Acoustic_Bass_VCB430N.html"]http://www.axemusic.co.uk/products/Vintage...ss_VCB430N.html[/url]

Comes with very hard to find hardcase, the super long neck meant it too AGES to find a fitting case. Now to its only problem....I think it needs the jack socket connection looking at. When pluggged in it can sometimes cut in and out. This is solved by pushing down on the jack of the lead so should be just a loose conection but i honestly dont know.

Has the 4 band EQ and battery check button on the onboard EQ and takes std 9v battery.

Price wise im really not sure. The above link suggests £200 brand new. As mine is used and given the above problem plus it coming with a slightly bruised but solid hard case ill say £140 collected from Manchester? If this sounds too dear let me know.

Tradewise id consider anything P bass ish in sunburst with a rosewood neck.

Edited by Pow_22

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1285239' date='Jun 28 2011, 01:22 PM']Consider any P-bassy (squier etc) though ideally want sunbust with r/wood fretboard.[/quote]

I have a Squier P for sale/trade, with rosewood board. Not sunburst though - it's a really lovely metallic blue.

Think i may have seen this. Is it the blue one with metal 'safety flooring' type pickguard? If so it is very nice but im really after a sunburst so i can add a tort pickguard, chrome bridge and pickup cover for the old classic P bass look. Its actually what i sold to fund the RV4 and although i love it i really regret selling the P bass

[quote name='Pow_22' post='1285386' date='Jun 28 2011, 04:15 PM']Think i may have seen this. Is it the blue one with metal 'safety flooring' type pickguard? If so it is very nice but im really after a sunburst so i can add a tort pickguard, chrome bridge and pickup cover for the old classic P bass look. Its actually what i sold to fund the RV4 and although i love it i really regret selling the P bass[/quote]

It is yep. No problem mate. I really like the idea of an acoustic, so if I can sell the P bass, I may be back. Got my eye on another bass on here as well so depends which goes first hehe!

If you change your mind, let me know :)

Finally got pics up. Any questions please fire away. Any particular photo's you require PM me and ill email them.

Thanks,

P.S due to my valve amp deciding it wants a service/repair im holding fire on the trades for now Edited by Pow_22

• 4 weeks later...