Why become a member? ×

Using two rigs help

5thread

Hi guys I was just just wondering if any of you could help me here. I am using two rigs, one to get a dry sound and one to be affected. I am using an ampeg B1-RE and a B2-RE , a 1x15 and 4x10. The way I am wiring this up is by using my Boss GT10B going into the pedal input via a 1/4 inch coupler, then coming out of the coupler to the B2-RE into the 1x15 so running it dry, then the output of the pedal into the B1-RE then into the 4x10. The problem is I get a buzz out of the dry amp. Taking the mid and treble lowers the buzz in the dry amp. The amp and cab that has the affected signal is fine. Both amps are D.I,d to the mixing desk. Hope you could help here.

It's a good idea to try the effects in the loop of your "wet amp".

I reckon your cheapo jack spliter could be causing the issue. If you have a tuner pedal or the like you could run infront of the Boss, you could use that as a splitter instead.

[quote name='Wooks79' post='1284270' date='Jun 27 2011, 04:17 PM']Can you not just set up the stereo outputs on the GT-10 to just always leave one output dry and unaffected?[/quote]

That would be good. I can't find the manual online but it looks like it has a computer editor, so there must be some advanced settings you can get into.

Sounds like an earth loop to me.
If you can`t pan the FX on the GT (bet you can though, good call Wooks) then use another D.I as a splitter and use the earth lift on that.
You could use the XLR out for the dry amp, and the Split/link out 1/4" for the wet.
Might just be worth a go before you start rooting through the GTs menus.
MM