Why become a member? ×

Hello Basschat

wheelerbass

Hi All,
I/m Bruce, new to Bass Chat, but have been playing bass for - 'erm - 47 years ! - and still learning of course.

Have played in many covers bands over the years, most recently, following retirement, in Central London and, when the travelling [from north Essex] became a bit much currently with a Cliff and Shads Tribute band [back to roots for me really].
Lots of gear over the years; from those early days I still have a Truvoice 50 watt Bassmaster head [hasn't been switched on for so long I'm a bit scared to try now !] and a Vox Symphonic [Fender lookalike] bass from the very early 60's. Does anyone else have one of these ? - top of the Vox range at the time and quite expensive.

I also have a 76 Jazz, a 2006 MiM 5 string Jazz and a 2008 MiM Precision in Arctic White ; the Tribute band didn't accept any of these, so I have just bought a Squier CV in the required Fiesta Red and am about to fit a replacement vintage USA pick up and new pots. and capacitor.

I now play through an EBS Classic 450 with matching 4x10, and also have a Fender Bassman 250 1x15, Fender 4x10 cab and a Phil Jones Suitcase plus 4b cab [the PJ kit for sale].

Looking forward to Bass Chatting with some of you soon..................