Why become a member? ×

Bass Collection Speakeasy 4 string Project SOLD

Delberthot

Right, I think this is the last thing I have for sale. I've just been trying to sell everything that I don't use and am unlikely to use.

This last one should be a great project for the summer for someone. It began life as a brand new Bass Collection Speakeasy 4 string bought for £299 in GuitarGuitar in Glasgow.

I bought it because it has the fastest neck I've ever played but I wasn't overly keen about the sound so I planned on replacing the pickups and preamp.

This was a couple of years ago when I wasn't as good with a soldering iron as I am now so after many failed attempts the end result is what you see here.

You have two choices depending on how much of a project you want. The bass will come with the body, neck, nut, bridge I don't have the original screws but these seem to do the job) and tuners so option 1 would be simply to replace the pickups and electronics. Option 2 would be a complete refinish plus option 1.

I could also supply a set of pickups from a Squier Precision Special, Pots and a cap for an extra £7 so all you would need would be a barrel jack socket.

The body is a wee bit chipped in places but nothing major and I have tried to show everything in the pictures. It is missing the back cover but that's easily enough replaced using a bit of old scratchplate material or something like that.

When I bought this, I had been around every music shop in Glasgow trying everything and I mean everything. I had a budget of £2000 to spend and I went through Warwicks, Fenders, Rickenbackers, Cheap sh*te, Tobias, Schecters and a whole host of assorted cr@p.

This was the one that played the best. It didn't sound the best but it played the best by a fair margin.

Bearing in mind that its never left the house since I bought it for £299 I am looking for a very reasonably £100 including postage to mainland UK which is a third of what it cost me.

Alternatively I am open for trades. I don't have anything specific in mind so fire away with what you have

Edited by Delberthot

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...