Why become a member? ×

More Ohm queries. Help reqd please.

farmer61

I have the option to either put 2 x 4 Ohm speakers into two stereo output ports or daisy chain into a mono port.

If I daisy chain 2 x 4 ohm cabs, what is the ohm rating is it 4 or 2 ohm? Excuse terminology and hope makes sense.

Thanks

Edited by farmer61

[quote name='farmer61' post='1278689' date='Jun 22 2011, 03:31 PM']Bugger thought so, and the implication of doing would be exploding PA?[/quote]
Amp go pop, yes! Unless your amp is bridged for a 2ohm load.
Do you have more amps to power the other speakers? If so, [url="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0017H52KI?tag=receiversamplifiers.fb-20"]this little device[/url] (one of which I happen to have for sale at a reasonable price) may well be your answer!!! :)

Edited by tombboy

If the back of what your using looks like that, with 2 seperate outputs and one bridged, it is most likely 2 seperate power amps and you should be fine plugging a 4 ohm speaker into the left and right outputs. My bands PA is like this and we run a 4 ohm load on each side with ease.

Liam Edited by LiamPodmore