Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS: Ashdown Superfly head - sold

cupples

Ashdown Superfly amp, with carry case, box and instructions, including the rack mount kit. It's a nice amp, but it's had a slight annoying high pitched whine since I've had it, and it's a bit noisy. It also gets very hot, but this seems to be par for the course.

I'm looking £60 including UK p&p, but talk to me about interesting swaps...
Andrew
For pictures, go to my ad on gumtree [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/ashdown-superfly-bass-amp/82232915"]here[/url]

Edited by cupples

Bargain!

Btw taking the external case off (if you haven't already) alleviates most of the overheating/cutting out issues these amps were known for. Should look like this:

Also is the whine only really prominent at high volumes? Mine is only really noticeable at almost full whack, also certain tweeters accentuate the problem. I'd say that's pretty normal for these heads and shouldn't put any potential buyers off.

Have a bump anyway for a handy little amp, i love mine and use it all the time.

Yeah, I've taken the case off, it's a bit cooler definitely. How loud the whine is depends on how much high frequency hearing loss you have! Switching the high frequency speaker off in a cab does help, but it's still noticeable if you're standing beside it in a quiet room. If you're in a gig, then you're not going to hear it. I've been playing it in church, and sometimes during quiet parts I can hear it...
Andrew

I found that the speaker output by the mains socket was a bit better for whistle than the other one on my first Superfly - not noticeable once you're playing, and turning the tweeter down a bit helped too.