Why become a member? ×

Carl Martin / Yamaha NE1

ossie

Guys,

I'm being a wuss, I've just missed a CM parametric eq on e-bay cause I couldn't make me mind up. Seems to do what I want but not tried one, anyone got any experience, want fine tuned eq without noise. Also considering Yamaha NE1 but none about at the mo.

• 2 weeks later...

My NE-1 is always within reach. It makes it easy to focus your sound by cutting the flub, mud or clank that happens sometimes, especially in dodgy rooms.

I favour it over more versatile (?complicated) parametrics firstly because I'm lazy, but mainly because its really easy to use.

Of course, recording is a different matter, but I'm pretty sure I can't tell much difference between 120Hz and 140Hz in a noisy pub when the snare is being soundchecked a couple of feet away. I've spent time obsessively tweaking a 'proper' para-EQ just to make sure and still not been quite satisfied with what I'm hearing, when all I really need is a quick fix and time to have a cough and a slurp before the gig.

That's where yer NE-1 comes in handy...