Why become a member? ×

Fender USA Help

originalfunster

If you are able to take a few good quality pictures and post them on here, I reckon there are enough people with enough knowledge to tell you whether its genuine and indeed whether it's a good deal.

You don't give enough information about the guitar to let us come up with a checklist. I'd be checking for different things depending on model year.

You don't give enough information about the guitar to let us come up with a checklist. I'd be checking for different things depending on model year.
[/quote]

Hi,

I dont have any details at the mo, except its approx 7 years old, and in Mint condition (so i'm told) and I assume its a standard Jazz?

I understand that this will be tough to answer but....
If it is mint, circa 2000/01ish and genuine MIA what should I expect to pay roughly?
Not knowing enough about it im just worried about buying something that turns out to be something else
Hopefully going to see it at the weekend and will try and get some pics and the serial No

cheers

Edited by originalfunster

If it's genuine then you're probably looking at between £400 and £500, probably more towards the £500 mark if it's mint with a hardcase.

It'll have a string through body and serial number on the back of the headstock. Take a picture of the front and back of the headstock so we can check the tuners. If the owner allows (and there's no reason why he shouldn't) take the neck off the body and photograph the heel of the neck and the neck pocket.