Why become a member? ×

Patrick Eggle Milan IV

rubis

Up for sale is my 1993 Eggle Milan IV, excellent condition, British, handmade and rarely out of the house since I got it.
Its the natural satin finish swampash and has a satin finish 5 piece laminate neck, Sperzel locking tuners, Eggle sustainer bridge, Kent Armstrong soapbars and upgraded 3 band Kent Armstrong eq. The body woods, bridge and 5 bolt neck joint make for a really resonant bass, and it records very well.

Its an extremely well made instrument as you would expect form Eggle, as I understand it they are being made again to order but the spec has changed and they go for upwards of £1500. Newer ones seem now to be passive and I do wonder whether they will be worse off for it, changing the electronics on this one really lifted the sound and versatility to another level.

There is one small chip in the surface lacquer next to the B string tuner but you have to get up close to see it, other than that its mint.

Comes in a Patrick Eggle branded Levy's gigbag.

I need the money to fund a fretless self build so £450 and its yours, no trades please.

[quote name='jmsjabb' post='1275092' date='Jun 19 2011, 06:48 PM']You should post this up on [url="http://patrickeggleguitars.org/"]http://patrickeggleguitars.org/[/url][/quote]
.......thanks jmsjabb, I was in the process of doing just that but having problems adding images due to their meagre allowances for attachments

regards

Harry

thanks jmsjabb.......I couldn't agree more, they are very well made, but I am at the starting point of a self build Stingray style build and I need to raise funds for a John East pre-amp and lots of hardware (as I will be making a fretless and fretted neck for it) so unfortunately it must go

dumelo......I will make enquiries this week into the recording...... just to explain, I work in a catholic boys' school and used it on a joint schools musical production. The event wasn't entirely my cup of tea as I'm not catholic but it went down very well and so it was all recorded at a nearby recording studio. I finished the bass parts on Thursday and as it won't be performed again until next easter, now is the time to get cracking with my Blingray build! If it has been mixed down I will try to post a soundclip for you

thanks for your interest

regards

Harry

Hi Stuee.........sorry to you and anyone else who is confused or misled by the 'B' string gaffe, I have of course thrashed my incompetent typist with a roll of barbed wire.........the pictures show it is a 4 string not a 5 string, I am embarrassed!

I read your link and really feel for you....easily done, everyone would agree, I did notice, (not that it will console you that much) that you wondered where you stood legally should the miscreant be found......there is/was an offence of 'theft by finding' which means if someone found your lovely bass and did not hand it in as lost property or take reasonable steps to locate the owner then they comit an act of theft if they keep it. It gets complicated and becomes more of a civil matter once its passed on to a shop or third party but its essentially still yours, and anyone can reasonably accept that it was not abondoned by you!

anyway, perhaps 4 strings would satisfy your needs, after all how many fingers have you got on each hand?

regards and condolences

Harry