Why become a member? ×

Hello to all

truegeminis

Hi

New to the forum so here's my introduction.

I'm Paul. Originally from Newcastle Upon Tyne and currently living in Surrey. I've been playing Bass for about 12 years.

At the minute I've got a few things on the go. I play Bass for Gloucestershire based band SKANKt. It's predominantly Ska-based (no surprise there) but we throw in a bit of everything else too, from bebop, latin to rock. Which is what you get when you start off as a ska-punk band, go away and learn your instruments, start listening to more eclectic music and then recruit a Bass player who, before then, did not really have an interest in ska.

I started out as a metalhead. Then as I progressed on Bass, so did my musical tastes. Now, it's pretty much anything with a good Bassline and some other stuff too. I try to listen to a variety of music but I'll always be a Rocker at heart.

I'm also a member of Tom Likes Dogs, which is a cover band with a difference. We generally do medleys and unusual versions of songs rather than strict radio edits.

This year I'll also be playing for function band ...And the Beat Goes On. Where the disco lines will obviously get a good airing and going on tour in April with SKANKt.

I've recorded two albums with SKANKt and been on various other recordings for whoever wants me to and if I've got the time I'll generally play any gig, anywhere.

My gear consists of:

4-string Musicman
4-string Musicman fretless
5-string Warwick FNA Jazzman
4-string semi-acoustic

Hartke 200W head
Korg rack tuner
Sennheiser wireless system
Hartke 4x10 cab

I've also got a few pedals, including:

Boss LS-2 Line Selector
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
Electro Harmonix (EH) Big Muff Pi
EH Small Stone
EH Bass Microsynthesizer
EH Q-tron
Crybaby Bass wah
Digitech Whammy Pedal
DOD Envelope Filter
BOSS Bass Synth SY-3
Sansamp Bass Driver D.I.

That's pretty much it. Good to be here.

Paul

[quote name='truegeminis' post='146818' date='Feb 25 2008, 06:42 PM']Thanks.
I'm after the Fender Urge II Stu Hamm signature next. May be a while though.[/quote]

hi paul welcome to basschat
saw this & thought you may be interested!!!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stuart-Hamm-Urge-II-Bass-rare-in-black-as-new_W0QQitemZ270213372145QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]ebay fender urge 2 listing!!![/url]

[quote name='daveyord' post='147030' date='Feb 25 2008, 11:57 PM']hi paul welcome to basschat
saw this & thought you may be interested!!!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Stuart-Hamm-Urge-II-Bass-rare-in-black-as-new_W0QQitemZ270213372145QQihZ017QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]ebay fender urge 2 listing!!![/url][/quote]

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I don't have a spare £800 so I'll just have to keep dreaming for now.