Why become a member? ×

Best company to courier something to Ireland from London?

Scotticus

Hi all,

Just flogged my Sansamp PSA-1 to a chap in Ireland. For anybody who's not clapped eyes on one, it's a 1u rack unit, so bigger than any pedal I've posted before. Weight is spot on 3 KG including packaging.

Anybody got any advice on a good compromise between price/speed/safety to get this over to Ireland, preferably trackable to appease the fella it's going to (he's a first time buyer so I'd like to give him as smooth a ride as possible while he waits)? So far, Royal Mail quoted me £54 as their cheapest trackable option, that hurt. Something like DHL Europlus service seems too cheap to be true at £16 ish, and they have an alarming "currently enjoy a 90% delivery rate" line in the explanation which scares the bejeebers out of me... what happens to the other 10%!

Any advice appreciated, I'm a confused newb at this point.

Scott

I used interparcel a little while ago as had the same issue sending an accordion to ireland and was getting ridiculous quotes elsewhere.

there site is [url="http://www.interparcel.com/?gclid=CPXdo5mywKkCFQEY4Qod8AH4EA"]here[/url]

You can get an easy quote while choosing what service you use,and insurance on your item is vastly cheaper than what royal mail will charge,and they will pick the item up from you saving the hassle of even leaving the house!

[quote name='chrisd24' post='1274206' date='Jun 18 2011, 10:27 PM']I used interparcel a little while ago as had the same issue sending an accordion to ireland and was getting ridiculous quotes elsewhere.

there site is [url="http://www.interparcel.com/?gclid=CPXdo5mywKkCFQEY4Qod8AH4EA"]here[/url]

You can get an easy quote while choosing what service you use,and insurance on your item is vastly cheaper than what royal mail will charge,and they will pick the item up from you saving the hassle of even leaving the house![/quote]

That's who I use. I usually go for the TNT option.