Why become a member? ×

SOLD Status Graphite Empathy Matrix 4

Status09

Hey guys,

It is with real regret that I'm having to put a feeler out for my early 90's Status Graphite Empathy Matrix (Headed).

I bought the bass about a year and a half ago and it has done me really well.

The bass has a 3 band active EQ (running off 2x 9V batteries) with mid cut/boost switch which kicks out a phenominal tone. The body consists of the rare 11 piece construction with a cocobolo / rosewood (not sure which) front AND back, walnut tone blocks and of course the graphite thru neck.

I had to have the nut replaced as the original one came off as I was changing the strings the first day I got it. The replacement is however excellent (made of bone) and was crafted and set in at Waghorn guitars, a great luthier in Bristol.

There is no major cosmetic damage apart from a few scuffs on the back of the bass and a slight hairline crack on the back of the headstock which appears to come from twhere the tuning pegs are screwed into the carbon fiber - purely cosmetic though.

The bass comes with it's original Status hard shell case and the serial number is 3911 (early / mid 90's?)

[u][b]Price wise I'm looking for £1050 for it.[/b][/u]

You're more than welcome to come and collect from Ludlow Shropshire, or I am able to post to anywhere in the UK at the buyers cost (which i've yet to investigate into, depending on weight when packaged, if you want it delivered express or even insured for peace of mind).

If you'd like anymore information or pics of the bass please don't hesitate to ask. I apologize for the sh*te photos that are up at the minute - I will post some better pics up as soon as I can.

Thanks and all the best

Mike

Edited by Status09

• 2 weeks later...