Why become a member? ×

SKB Roto X 2U Shallow Rack Case

mikeh

When I decided to try and downsize my rig, my first thought was to go for something like a MarkBass Little Mark2. But after seeing an Aguilar AG500 for sale on the forum I had to buy it.
That came with the new problem of which rack case. The most likely candidate was the Gator Shallow racks which come in at around £60 delivered for the 2U offering.

After a bit of Googling I came across the SKB Roto X range. I found the 2U version @ £46 from Sounds Live. After checking the specs, it seemed like the perfect but oif kit. Rack Mountable depth of 10 and 3/4", my amp is 10" deep.

First impressions out of the box where that it looked very solid and seemed to be a thicker plastic than the Gator Case I'd had in the past. Solid moulded handle on one side and nifty rubber on the opposite side and underneath. Only the front cover is the typical rack case cover, the back has a much smaller access panel type cover, shown in one of my pics. All the outputs and power lead socket are inside this 'hole' on the back and it seems as though the rack case was made for the amp. Very snug fit, and pretty much rock solid.

If you're looking for a rack case for your shallow amps, or effects I'd certainly recomend this offering from SKB. IIRC they go up to a 4U.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...