Why become a member? ×

Guild M85 Bass For Sale

Windyridge19

Hi there,

I have a Guild M85 bass for sale which I bought from Vintage And Rare Guitars a few years back. It's a solid single pickup model and has had one or two modifications such as a Badass bridge. I will of course provide photos and additional information and am serious about the sale, but I just wanted to let people here know so that I could see what interest there is. I'll take some pics and respond to any interest. I am in Berkshire England and realise I might get more by selling abroad, but I would much prefer the buyer to see and try the guitar themselves.

Hi, I've edited this initial post to include a price: hoping for £1600 and some quick phone pics.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to know more.

Peter

Edited by Windyridge19

[quote name='Windyridge19' post='1266591' date='Jun 12 2011, 08:38 PM']Hi there,

I have a Guild M85 bass for sale which I bought from Vintage And Rare Guitars a few years back. It's a solid single pickup model and has had one or two modifications such as a Badass bridge. I will of course provide photos and additional information and am serious about the sale, but I just wanted to let people here know so that I could see what interest there is. I'll take some pics and respond to any interest. I am in Berkshire England and realise I might get more by selling abroad, but I would much prefer the buyer to see and try the guitar themselves.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to know more.

Peter[/quote]
Interesting to see another of these come up for sale within a few weeks.

You will be asked to provide a price - that's the rules.

[quote name='Windyridge19' post='1266631' date='Jun 12 2011, 09:09 PM']My apologies for not providing a price. I didn't read the rules carefully enough. I would be hoping to get £1,600.

I wanted to do the pics in daylight but think I'll at least ge something up so people know what it's like.

Peter[/quote]
Good luck with the sale.

Well, that went well then! Maybe I've pitched the price too high. I would be more than happy to negotiate. These guitars are quite rare and I think it could be a good investment. When I bought it I was worried that the bridge had been replaced, but people who knew thought it wouldn't affect value or desirability. In fact it was likely to have been a genuine improvement. Anyway, get back to me if there is anything you want to know.

Peter

Everyone's skint, and those that have money are probably playing it safe and buying more popular/well known instruments. Anything unusual, rare or esoteric is going to have a double hard time getting sold just now, imho of course.

• 1 month later...