Why become a member? ×

EBMM Bongo 4 HH

cocco

Up for sale is my Bongo 4 HH in Saphire Black. It's an 05 build and as such has the 30th anniversary fitted Music Man hardcase. Condition is really good, theres a really small ding on the back of the neck that you'd have to look for to see. Its currently fitted with a Hipshot drop tuner that I will include in the sale.

The tone on these things is incredible, it opens up a whole new sonic ball park over a standard ray or a sterling. The 4 band eq is really great, I was worried that it would be way too much for me and my inferior ears but its not, the bass and treble is self explanatory and the frequencies the mids are tuned to are really helpful for cutting through the mix, or backing off if you're overpowering the rest of the band. The Neodymium pickups are super responsive to boot, very clear, very modern.

Playability is great too, balance is perfect, weight is good, the bass overall feels very compact even though its roughly the same size as a ray. The neck is sort of somewhere between a ray and a sterling.

I'm selling because I've come to the conclusion that active basses just aren't for me. I'm going to miss the playability of it, but it's never going to get the use it deserves with me and I'd rather spend what it's worth on something I'll be more inclined to use. I've stolen pictures from a previous sale thread, I hope the owner of them doesn't mind. Price wise it owes me about £1,000 which I'll never get back so I'd like £850 ono. Any questions feel free to ask. Trade wise I'm open to 2 EQ rays, fenders, laklands, Gibsons (T-bird, Ripper). Pretty much anything passive!

Ash

Edited by cocco

• 8 months later...