Why become a member? ×

GHS Pressurewound Strings

73Jazz

Oooh that's weird. My post at 6pm disaapeared into the ether. The rest is a repeat.....

Sorry it wasn't very helphful, but it reminded me that I must get that set of Brite Flats out of the box. That video
and the others in the GHS bass string series prompted me to try a set. No messing about. Thats the tone on offer. WYSIWYG.

There not widely available here, but a quick e-mail to stringbusters.com and they were mine in 5 days, although not displayed on the web-site.

Balcro.

Very nice strings. Smooth and like worn in rounds in sound. Nicer than the roto ones and Im a roto man. The only thing I would say is they are lower tension to what Im used to. Well they feel that way anyway. Perfect for fretless

A

I have used them for the last few years off and on. They are very smooth and kind to your frets and fingerboard if you play fretless. Tonewise they sit somewhere between a flat and a round wound. Not quite as bright as regular rounds but not quite as thumpy as a flat. They have really good sustain and also less tension than a flat, due to the round core wire. They seem to last quite a bit longer than a traditional round. The manufacturer states they are "nickel-plated iron" strings. I use the .44-.102 long scale and .40-.96 short scale sets.

thank you all very much for sharing your experience with me.
As they seem to have really low tension, (when the strings are played in the video the move very widely, especially e string) and as i had problems with that low tension
with thomastik flats..i will consider other strings than those pressure wounds..thanks again